Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Slow Down

Bay Area Discovery Museum Sausalito 6

This image kind of made me sad. It depicts where Cody is in life. He is a very independent little boy and loves to explore things on his own. He often lets us know when he wants to do things on his own and because he is only 4 it sometimes breaks my heart. This image reminds me of that. He is taking on his little 4 year old world and that the road ahead of him is open. That there are no obstacles that he sees in his path.

He likes to try to walk a few steps ahead of me. I just want him to slow down and stay by my side.

The Kindergarten teachers at the school Cody will be going to next year are excited that he will be in Kinder next year. I am not as eager as them.

The teacher and one of the aids saw us last week when we dropped his brother off at school and they both exclaimed “Next year, Cody!”.  My response is usually the same “Don’t rush him! I mean, me!”   I also advised them that “Kindergarten” is now a bad word as far as I’m concerned. =) I’m not ready for our youngest to go to Elementary school next year, but I guess I’ll have to get used to the fact that he is getting older and that eventually he has to go to school full-time. But for now, Kindergarten will be a bad word!! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment